Nov 3, 2004

Election blog update (day 2).

4:36 AM (Bush 254   Kerry 246)
Hmm, good thing I decided to catch some shut-eye; this does not look like it's going to be resolved anytime soon. Bush's popular vote win does disturb me, though; even if Kerry pulls out an EV win, Repubs are going to yell and scream until they're hoarse. I think Kent Brockman of the Simpsons said it best.

"Folks, I'll say it before, and I'll say it again: Democracy just doesn't work."

Good night.

12:09 AM (Bush 246   Kerry 207)
Looks like it's going to be down to Ohio, and we may not get results tonight. On Kos they're saying that urban areas come in after rural, and that absentee ballots won't be counted for some time. I was wondering about that, because Bush's popular vote lead caught me off guard.

I'll have to keep this in mind, hopefully on Election Day 2008 when Jeb Bush is getting good initial news against President Kerry.