Nov 2, 2004

And it's done.

Well, after two years of anger, bile, and tooth-clenching frustration, I ran (yes, more or less ran) to my polling location this morning and cast my vote for John Kerry.

And...nothing. I punched in the correct column, gave the other column the finger, and pressed the button. One atonal bloop later, my vote was cast.

And, as Teddy KGB once said, "I fyeel so...unsyastisfied." (sic)

When you build something up like this for two years, it can't help but be anticlimatic.

I know, what did I expect? To hear Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony from the sky as I exited, finding my car illuminated in a shaft of brilliant sunlight, and having woodland creatures waiting for me expectantly and butterflies alighting on my shoulder, then being approached by a lovable fawn, offering me a cohiba and a single malt?

Well...kinda.

Anyway, now that that's done, it's time to settle down with the other election watchers. It's going to be a looooooooooooong night.