Sep 24, 2006

My bro's a lucky guy, politically...

I try not to envy much, because I'm generally a low-maintenance bloke who in most aspects is happy with my life, but I've cast a green glare towards my brother Nevsky these days, because he's had a far more entertaining senatorial race than I have.

Up here, it's Sen. Bob Menendez, the one-year incumbent, versus Tom Kean, Jr., who's claim to fame is solely being the son of the man who was affectionately known as "Governor Goofy". Oh, those halcyon days when the worst thing you could mock a politician for was a mild speech impediment. And although it's beginning to pick up here (for example, a computer used by the Kean campaign was also used to post fake messages on Bluejersey.net, a Democratic blog), we just can't compete right now with the three-ring asylum of one which is George Allen.

And if you were waiting on more George Allen fun, well, the latest issue of conservative magazine The Weekly Standard smacks down Allen for his incompetent campaign to date.

Yeah, Jersey will probably get nasty, but in terms of pure watching enjoyment, I'll be on Youtube looking for Allen's latest meltdown...