Aug 1, 2006

I'm anti-censorship...BUT...

...in terms of good taste, I have to say this is probably for the best.

ABC said to pull Mel Gibson Holocaust miniseries

The ABC television network has pulled a miniseries about the Holocaust it was developing with Mel Gibson's production company, the Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday, quoting an unidentified representative for the network.

[snippity]

An ABC representative told the paper, without elaborating, it has been two years and the network still has not seen a script, so the project is being pulled.

This is one time I've gotta say that I appreciate the slow machinations of Hollywood, as this is one script I would NOT want to see.

No confirmation that ABC has greenlit Michael Jackson presents Alice in Wonderland as a replacement, to be directed by Roman Polanski.

I will say this for Gibson; he made a lot of money and had the freedom to choose his own path in show business, so the fact that he used it to pursue his uncompromising artistic vision is admirable.

Of course, I think his artistic vision is cuckoo-for-cocoa-puffs INSANE, and the fact that his bibble-bibble-boinga-boinga-apostle-meets-Hostel vision made $370 million dollars in this country is disturbing to the core, but, so be it.

Besides, isn't this a face you can trust?