Aug 8, 2006

My centieuro on Lieberman.

With the Connecticut primary today, I'm sure there's going to be a lot of informed reaction to the results, so let me sprinkle some gut reaction as a foundation...

First, I have NO IDEA what to expect. I trust poll results less than I trust credit-card companies, and a Lieberman win wouldn't surprise me in the least.

If Lamont does win, though, I hope it starts a trend that the Dems will stop bringing pea-shooters to gunfights and pose some political opposition in November. Yes, constant partisan politics is exhausting and ugly, but that's the way it works, and for the other side it's worked spectacularly for the last couple of decades.

Shame about Lieberman. By all accounts, he is a deeply religious and moral man, and he could've brought some honest debate against this administration. I was impressed by him in the 2000 VP debate (yeah, back when Cheney was able to keep the black ichor of his Lovecraftian ancestry deep within his liver), and he could definitely have been a respected elder statesman in his state for years to come.

Anyway, we shall see.