Mar 30, 2005

Upping the geek quotient...

As the old maxim goes, To thine own self be true, and since I'm an admitted Rush fan who understands at least half of the jokes behind Thinkgeek t-shirts, here's some good ol' American nerd fuel:

* From Slashdot: A startup company is looking to develop photonic-based computer processors by 2006. While this may result in much faster computers, the important thing is that now we're closer to getting those isolinear chips you see in Star Trek: The Next Generation. And by typing that sentence, I'm ensuring that this blog is going to be taken by sports-themed blogs and stuffed into a gym-locker-themed blog.

* From Powerpage: What do you get when you take a picture of the wall behind your computer and make it your desktop? Transparent desktops. Some of these pictures are real trippy, man...

And now, I'll go put on my retainer and smear on my acne cream...