Mar 9, 2005

Got my mind on my money and my money on my mind...

Yep, have been thinking about money a lot, since it's been in the news a lot, what with Social Security and gas prices (it's gone up locally twelve cents since Friday, for crying out loud). But the big news this week is the bankruptcy bill is going forward.

"The sooner we finish work in the Senate and get the bill to the House, the sooner our bankruptcy system will be focused as it should be on helping those with real need, and less vulnerable to abuse by consumers who have the ability to repay their debts," said Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, the bill's primary author.

You know, that seems fair. Until you learn that exemption amendments for medical bills and seniors were shot down, and another for veterans was scaled back. Then it becomes clear that this philosophy was done first in Goodfellas.

"Oh, you have cancer? Fuck you, pay me. Your husband got shipped to Iraq? Fuck you, pay me."

Well, if this passes, there's always common sense financial solutions.

Save money.

Invest wisely.

And hold onto your assets.