Apr 17, 2005

A public service announcement.

According to my Humane Society wall calendar, this week is Animal Cruelty/Human Violence Awareness week. So clearly we need to acknowledge that animal cruelty is wrong, and violence is likewise wrong...

...except in the case of when they catch the scumbag(s) mutilating pelicans, and while I'm not advocating anything beyond nice legal jail sentences if in the process of arriagning these meatwads one of them catches a good hard elbow to the nutsac, well, that's life, isn't it?

Oh, and violence sanctioned by the NHL and NFL is OK, I guess. As well as the 928 different boxing associations.

And I have to admit that I'm not a vegetarian, and in fact I did one time eat foie gras (pretty good, but nothing that would turn lead into gold), which I guess constitutes animal cruelty, so I'm probably a bit of a hypocrite there.

Shit. I suck at this.

But I promise not to get to mad at my cat when he wakes me at 3 in the morning. He'll just get a squirt from the water pistol I keep by my bed.

Two, tops.