Aug 16, 2005

"This isn't going to have a happy ending."

The Cindy Sheehan protest, as sad as it is now, is probably going to get a whole lot sadder. And I'm not just talking about the pathetic attempts to smear and vilify her, although I guess I have no right being surprised to the depths that the punditry would sink.

This is the way I see it: Cindy Sheehan is not leaving of her own free will until Bush leaves or meets her.

It's simple. She's a mother doing this for her son's memory.

She's not going anywhere.

Almost as likely is the fact that Bush is not going to meet her. Just by virtue of being a father I'm giving him the tiniest benefit of the doubt, but given by what he's shown and what he said so far, that's not going to happen.

It's more likely he'll have her arrested, but I doubt he's got the stones for that. Actually, I'd be amazed if he showed that level of conviction, even for the wrong thing. Nope, he'll just go on and ignore her.

While she gets sick in the rain.

Or worse yet, the vandalism turns into something more serious.

Someone could easily get hurt, maybe worse over this.

You'd have think that Bush would have learned by now that ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.