Feb 3, 2005

Odds and sods...

Shout out to CmdrSue, who basically told me to get off my ass and blog (but nicely)...

* Fans of Chris Palmer's origami flower towers might be interested to know that he has a CD with instructions on a flower tower plus other similar folds (go here and search for "flower tower"). Haven't purchased this, so I can't review it, just FYI. So far, my efforts to fold the eight-sided flower tower have resulted in several origami boulders, which to the untrained eye resemble crumbled-up pieces of paper in frustration...

* Saw the Mac Mini at my local Apple Store, and it was cute. Didn't seem to have a manual-eject port. This is a bummer to those of us who've used bent paper-clips to remove Mac CDs, a custom which is up there with the flashing question mark.

* Gonzales got confirmed, and guess who was the only senator in the Tri-State area to vote for him? Yup. I hope Dean gets the DNC chair just so Holy Joe will switch sides and be done with it.