Jan 17, 2005

Odds and sods...

I've been lame with the output this weekend (how the hell does Michener do it?) so here's a few ramblings which don't merit full posts, even in this blog...

* Quite impressed with the Mac mini, I'll be sure to check out these little buzzbombs when they make their way to my local store. The lack of a keyboard threw me off, but for $499 I was expecting Steve Jobs to throw me a plastic bag filled with components and give me a smack, so I'll take it.

* Also impressed with Huygens, less impressed with CNN's party-pooper poll on Friday asking if this was a waste of money (surprisingly, 60% said no). Jeez, CNN, if you want a NASA cash boondoggle, the ISS is right there...

* Checked out Iron Chef America: The Series, and it wasn't half bad. Main problem is it lacks the pomp, ceremony, and utter seriousness that made the original so much fun. In the original series, you had the feeling that a loss would result in a drunken suicide down the road. Here, the contestants were joking with the cameraman. Well, at least Alton Brown's in it.