Feb 3, 2006

Odds and sods - dog ate my homework edition...

Yes, I know. I wish I could say I've been fighting crime in an alter ego, or bettering humanity via means unknowable and profound, but the truth of the matter is that I've just been a lazy turd.

* One of the things that has been taking a lot of my time recently is, of all things, Magic: The Gathering. Yes, that game. Turns out an offshoot of my poker circle was once heavily into it, and have now dragged me into their circle of addiction. So now we hang in local bars and discuss whether multiple attacks with Pestilence renders all its damage at once or during seperate phases. We've gotten some odd looks. Huh. Like people never saw nerds before.

* I respect all those bloggers that are even capable of talking about politics these days without collapsing in paroxysms of apoplectic rage. I had to turn away from the whole Alito situation; I couldn't handle it. The elections are going to be a lot of fun.

* Hey, there's a curling rink in New Jersey! Who knew? Now if someone just sets up a candlepin bowling alley I'd be in obscure sport heaven...