May 28, 2006

I'm too easily starstruck to be an effective political activist.

I was driving up the New York Thruway yesterday morning on the way to my holiday vacation spot, when I noticed a lot of police cars dotting the highway. It dawned on me that President Bush was going to be the commencement speaker at West Point, so I just thought that the police were out there to make sure that any undesirables were pushed back to a safe distance.

Then, about ten minutes later, I saw the presidential motorcade coming in the other direction.

And despite my well-documented feelings about the administration policies, and my belief that most dog breeds and a few of the smarter yogurt flavors would do a better job as commander-in-chief, I broke out in a huge idiot grin and yelled out loud: "HOLY FUCK!! IT'S THE PRESIDENT!!"

I suck.